Phentermine is an appetite suppressant that is generally used alongside diet and exercise. It aids weight loss by reducing a person’s appetite.
Phentermine can be purchased as two different types: standard tablets or prolonged-release capsules. Normally it is taken one time a day prior to a meal. You should follow the directions located on the product’s label. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for instructions if anything is unclear.
Specifically, for the extended-release version, do not crush the pills as this will cause the drug to be absorbed too quickly. This greatly increases the odds that side effects will occur.
You can read more about Phentermine 37.5.
Precautions for Phentermine Tablets
- Do not take phentermine if you think you may be allergic to phentermine or any other ingredients contained in a pill. If you are unsure, ask for a list of ingredients from your pharmacist.
- If you are a diabetic, you might have to decrease the dosage of insulin you’re using while taking phentermine.
- Try taking the medication a few times before driving. See how it affects you before you make the decision to drive while being affected by the medication
- Tell your doctor about any family history of disease. Also inform your doctor of any medical issues you may be currently dealing with. It may not be safe for you to use phentermine if you have certain conditions.
- Inform your doctor of any non-food supplements or pills you may be taking. Although drug interaction is rare, it is better to allow your doctor to know what you are taking so he or she can ensure that negative interactions will not occur.
Side Effects of Phentermine Tablets
Mild side effects may include
- Dry mouth
- Decreased libido
- Increased libido
Extreme side effects
These should all be reported to a doctor immediately.
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Difficulty breathing
Always take prescription medication in the method that was prescribed by your doctor. Also, read the prescription label to remind yourself of any steps you may have forgotten. Never exceed the recommended dosage.
Take your phentermine 37.5mg tablets early in the morning to avoid insomnia. It acts as a stimulant so it can keep you awake in a similar manner to caffeine. However, this appetite suppressant is much more effective than caffeine so extra caution must be used.
Immediately notify your doctor if the medication does not seem to be working as intended. For example, in rare cases, it could cause increased appetite or weight gain. If the medication is doing the opposite of what it should, then its usage should be stopped immediately.
However, do not stop using it immediately. The usage must be slowly reduced to avoid severe withdrawal.
It is highly recommended to avoid using alcohol while using this product. First, it can increase the severity of the side effects. Second, alcohol will always reduce your ability to burn fat efficiently.